Thursday, January 26, 2012

Our views of beauty

So my BFF and I were talking the other day and I said "I think FIT is attractive. Like if I could pay, I would look like picture number one." And she said "If I were disciplined enough I would look like picture number two." GUH-ROSS. I think picture number two is soooo unattractive. She thinks picture number one is soooo unattractive. So that got me to thinking... Is your view of beauty realistic? Is it attainable? Are you seeking approval from others with that image? I don't know. It makes me really wonder when I see how opposite we were on this particular subject. Please don't message me that true beauty is within. I'm fully aware of that. I always tell my boys they better marry someone that loves Jesus and has great character and isn't just pretty. Beauty fades but meanness stays forever! This just made me ponder how different we see outer beauty. I guess beauty truly IS in the eye of the beholder. Who knew that wasn't just a saying to make people feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment